Clark Park - Everett’s Oldest Park
Founded in 1894, the Everett Land Company donated land for this park in exchange for the success of a bond measure that moved the Snohomish county seat from the City of Snohomish to the City of Everett. The park was originallycalled City Park.
The park was a popular spot for church services, political rallies and picnics. A gazebo was built in 1921 to hold music events. That gazebo (pictured below ) still stands in the park.
The park was named Clark Park in 1931 in honor of John J Clark, a city founder, real estate developer, and philanthropist who died in 1922. A bandshell was constructed in the park in 1960 and demolished in 1979.
In 1981, the western half of the park was transferred to the Everett School District, where six tennis courts were built. The courts are used by the Everett High School tennis teams and are also open for public use. In 2021, a bright mural was painted on the tennis court wall.
BNA holds a number of events in the park throughout the year. Additionally, there is a playground with a rubber surface and large shade trees to sit under during hot days.
Located at Lombard Avenue, the park hours are 6am-Dusk.
Thanks to Deb Fox & Historic Everettfor providing content for this page.
© Copyright Bayside Neighborhood Association